Receiving hours for structural material are:
- Monday through Thursday: 6:30am CT - 1:30pm CT. There are no Friday deliveries.
- All steel deliveries are by appointment only. You must call at least 24 hours in advance. Next day unloading is not guaranteed. Please contact Brad Giessing at x118 to make arrangements.
Other requirements and information for structural material deliveries:
- Tarping material is NOT required and is discouraged.
- All our material is stored outdoors, and will eventually (in most cases) be blasted and painted.
- Removing the tarp can be time consuming, especially when other trucks are waiting to be unloaded.
- Tarped loads will get lowest priority.
- Crane limits
- For plate and merchant bar products, our overhead crane limit is 5 tons.
- For wide flange, HSS and channels, our crane limit is 7-1/2 tons.
- Please ensure there is both 4” horizontal and 4” vertical blocking between bundles and/or material.
- Please make sure plate is horizontally blocked between sheets, if possible. At a minimum, it should be blocked in order to not to exceed the crane limits.
- Certifications on material should be sent either electronically before delivery, or paper certs sent with the shipment. Either way, the Bill of Lading should list all heat numbers.
After making an appointment, all trucks are taken on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Note that this is for structural deliveries only. Regular deliveries can be delivered to the main office Monday through Friday.